Are your family's bikes ready for the weekend?
Updated: Nov 3, 2020
There are no restrictions on cycling for exercise so now is the time to get out on your bike whilst the roads are quieter than normal. It could the first time for some children too on the open road.
Even my dad has dusted down his bike last ridden over 10 years ago & if you’re like him you may find some hidden problems that need sorting out like the gear cable snapping as he did a test ride outside his home. Ooops, it's repair time.
Here are a few things to consider;
• Check the tyre condition & inflate
• Lightly oil the chain & any other moving parts (read next line first)
• Brakes squealing? There’s probably oil on the wheel rims & brake blocks so give them a clean. If you don't have soapy water available then wipe newspaper along each surface.
• Saddle, handlebars, pedals, baskets, dolly seat, etc. all secure?
• Puncture repair kit or spare inner tube, pump & any tools to remove the wheel if necessary
The roads aren’t traffic free so keep vigilant & observe the Highway Code.